The following standards will apply to all applicants seeking employment as North Little Rock Police Officers:
Driving Record-Past driving history standards are based on a 3-point system. Applicants may not have accumulated more than 3 points in the past 36 months under the following standards:
- Each at fault accident rated at 1 point (Any citations received as a result of an at-fault accident will be considered one instance and not assessed additional points.)
- Each moving violation is rated at 1 point.
- Reckless or DUI tickets are rated at 4 points
- No felony drug convictions ever.
- No use of a prohibited substance or abuse of controlled substance over age 21 (excluding marijuana) or in the past 10 years.
Theft - Any theft of money or property in the past 5 years, regardless of criminal charges, will be examined and may disqualify the applicant from employment.
- No felony convictions ever.
- No domestic abuse convictions ever.
- No violent misdemeanor convictions in the past 10 years.
- No misdemeanor weapons convictions in the past 10 years.
- No non-violent misdemeanor convictions in the past 24 months